Being a coffee lover, you would know how versatile coffee can be. And among all those variations, there is no way you wouldn’t know how incredible a Chemex coffee tastes. However, it’s not an easy task to get that perfect flavor and aroma with a regular grinder. To be precise, you need to use the best coffee grinder for Chemex to get the best result.
What Is a Chemex?
If you are new to this coffee obsession and don’t know what exactly is Chemex, don’t be shy at all. A Chemex is basically a specifically molded vessel to brew pour-over coffee. You have to put a filter on the top and keep the coffee grounds inside. Then slowly pour hot water over it, and the delicious coffee is ready! The filter will prevent the grounds from falling inside the jar.
The taste of coffee depends mostly on the coffee grounds and how it is being made. With a fine grinder, this process becomes easy. However, finding the best one is a bit difficult because the market is filled with various types of grinders. To help you with this, we have shortlisted 10 Chemex coffee grinders that you can purchase right now.
If you don’t have enough time to check all the products, we have a quick recommendation to save your time! After going through all the specifics and customer feedback, the SHARDOR Electric Coffee Grinder is the best one due to its outstanding features and quality coffee preparation.
Now, let’s proceed and see all the products on the list.
10 Best Coffee Grinder for Chemex Reviews
SHARDOR Coffee Grinder
Baratza Burr Coffee Grinder
Bodum BISTRO Burr Coffee Grinder
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
OXO BREW Coffee Grinder (8717000)
Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
Mueller Ultra-Grind Conical Burr
Sboly Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
01.SHARDOR Cee Grinder
Due to its excellent performance and quality features, the Shardor electric grinder has taken the top spot on this ‘Best coffee grinder for Chemex’ list.
- Design & Structure: Made with quality materials, this device has a compact design with durable life. The stainless-steel blades are sharp enough to cut through the toughest beans. You will get a 1 -year warranty with the package.
- Motor Power: With the 200W power motor, you can grind the beans by just pressing the machine’s lid. The setting of the blender lets you decide whichever texture you want. You can make the perfect coffee ground for a regular cappuccino, pour-over, French press, etc.
- Storage Capacity: The grinding jar is food-grade safe and can hold 70gm of beans, which you can store for later use. The tight lid will prevent any spillage or leakage by safely locking the bowl.
- Multi-Purpose: Besides coffee beans, you can use this device to grind nuts, pepper, salt, etc., whatever you need in your cooking task.
02.Baratza Burr Grinder
In case you are looking for a small yet powerful coffee grinder, the Baratza burr grinder is here to fulfill your demand.
- Design & Structure: Built with standard plastic materials, this sturdy and sleek-looking tool can perform well anytime you need it. The conical burrs are made of alloy steel to ensure longevity. This package comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Motor Power: The powerful DC motor ensures a consistent grind no matter if you are making French press or Chemex.
- 40 Grind Setting: This tool is integrated with 40mm conical burrs to aid you in attempting different brewing methods like espresso, auto brewers, Chemex, French press, etc.
- User-Friendly: Using this Baratza is quite convenient, as you just have to press the front-sided pulse button. The on and off switch button is there to start or shut the process instantly. Moreover, cleaning this tool is pretty simple.
If you want a quality coffee grinder but with a low-price tag, the Cuisinart DBM-8 is hands down the most suitable tool for you.
- Design & Structure: While this tool is made with plastic, the outlook and finish give out the vibe of premium standards. The outer part is accented with an aluminum finish, making it stand out on your countertop.
- Burr & Motor: The burrs are made with ceramic blocks. With the heavy-duty motor, this one is one of the loudest burr grinders among many.
- Capacity: The removable bean hopper is made of plastic with a capacity of 8-oz. The ground bin can hold up to 32 cups worth of coffee grounds.
- Multiple Grinding Settings: From fine to coarse, this tool has 18 types of grind-size functions. The electric timer will make sure to shut the grinder off once the time is over. The user process is also easy, just press the start switch after selecting the cup number.
From espresso to French press, the Breville BCG820BSS has the smart technology and power to help you make the perfect combination of coffee.
- Durable Structure: Built with high-end materials, this tool has a sturdy and durable structure to provide you a long-lasting service. The weight of this product helps to balance it while grinding.
- Strong Motor & Setting: This machine has 165 watts power and 60 grind settings to ensure from the ultra-fine espresso to the coarse French press grind. You can add 0.2 seconds to your grind time via the electronic timer.
- Capacity: The removable hopper of this grinder is one of the biggest available in the market. With an efficient lock system, this large jar can hold and store 18-ounce coffee beans.
- Conical burrs: Built with stainless steel, the conical burrs of this smart tool specialize in decreasing the grinding heat. This helps to seal the essential oil of the coffee bean.
05.Bodum BISTRO Burr Grinder
If you are looking for a grinder to make small amounts of coffee ground, the Bodum Bistro coffee grinder should be your top priority.
- Durable Design: This compact-sized tool is made with durable plastic and metals to provide effective grinding performance.
- Multiple Setting: With the 12 grinding functions in this machine, you can adjust the process depending on what brewing method you prefer. The push button and timer will make sure to produce a specific amount of ground.
- Borosilicate glass catcher: This borosilicate glass catcher is dishwasher safe and catches the coffee grounds while decreasing the static cling.
- Conical burr: The stainless-steel burrs ensure the machine works efficiently throughout the grinding process. They don’t need extra sharpening later and create less heat than a blade grinder. Due to this feature, you will get the precise flavor of coffee beans.
06.JavaPresse Manual Grinder
The JavaPresse manual grinder is the perfect choice for you if you feel grinding with the hand is better than the automatic one.
- Durable Structure: With the stainless-steel body, this device has a sturdy design that can serve you for a long time. The light weight of this product also allows you to carry it with you anywhere.
- Built-in grind selector: To provide you control and desired coarseness of coffee beans, this tool has in-built and adjustable 18 click settings for you to choose from,
- Convenience: You can remove the hand crank and use it daily or whenever you need it without any powers or batteries. This one also produces 90% less sound than an electric grinder. Cleaning up is also easy as you just have to disassemble it and wash it with water.
- Ceramic combo burrs: Built with quality materials, the patented grinder blades are tested by professionals beforehand. They are guaranteed to last five times longer than the stainless-steel ones.
07.OXO BREW (8717000)
Among all the products, this Oxo Brew 8717000 is the perfect shape and size you can use as a portable grinder.
- Compact Structure: This tool is only 12 inches in size, but it has all the standard quality and durability to be used for a long time. Moreover, you can store this space-saver in your kitchen cabinet.
- Multiple Setting: Using the 15 grinding combinations in this tool, you can modify the process to prepare what you want. The one-touch timer will save your last setting in case you want to use it again.
- Capacity: The hopper can hold up to 0.75pounds of ground coffee. The container can store ground worth 12 cups of coffee.
- Conical burr: The stainless-steel burrs ensure even-sized grounds preserving the authentic flavor.
08.Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
If you are looking for a good coffee grinder for your home within a budget, the Capresso grinder is the best tool for you.
- Vertical Grinder – To get the best flavor of your coffee, this machine works with a low RPM. Ultimately reducing the noise and static. You can grind for several methods like a French press, Turkish coffee, Chemex, etc.
- Multiple Grind Options – The Infinity has 16 grinding functions combining the fine, coarse, regular, extra coarse grinding size. You can use the on/off buttons to pulse-grind if necessary. The built-in timer will let you grind without you being closed.
- Capacity – The bean hopper is removable and can store up to 8.8 ounces of grounds inside, which is really impressive.
- Precision Grinding: The commercial-grade conical burrs have an advanced cutting pattern to ensure you get the perfect grind size.
09.Mueller Ultra-Grind Conical Burr
The Mueller ultra-grind is a commercial-grade tool that comes at a reasonable price while providing a terrific grinding performance!
- Quality Burr: Built with the toughened alloy steel, this conical burr grinder provides you the best control over the size of the grind. It also makes sure a uniform grinding to create the perfect coffee flavor.
- Larger Capacity: The bean hopper and removable container have the ability to produce 30-32 cups worth of ground coffee.
- Precision Grinding: The gear reduction machine grinds slowly to reduce the noise and produce rich and tasty coffee. Equivalent to the commercial-grade grinders, these quality burrs are efficient while making the precise cut on beans.
- Convenience: Adjust the grinding wheel to what size of ground you want, and start the on button. The top burr is removable and has a cleaning brush for a convenient washing process.
10.Sboly Conical Burr
The last entry of this list is none other than the Sboly coffee grinder, with which you can make different varieties of coffee whenever you want!
- Stainless steel conical burr: The conical burrs are professionally approved and made sure to contain the essential oils in the bean, resulting in giving you the best quality taste and fragrance.
- Precise grind settings: To preserve the natural flavor of coffee beans, there are 19 grinding settings to customize the grind size. You can make pour-overs, espresso, etc. using this multipurpose device.
- Adjustable grinding amount: You can choose the grinding amount fit for 12 cups and can store it with the dust-proof lid for later.
- Sturdy and durable: This electric burr grinder comes with a powerful motor, completion indicator light & safety lock to ensure you can use this machine for a longer time.
Things to Consider Before Buying Grinder for Chemex (Buying Guide)
As we stated earlier, several grinder models of different brands are available in the market. Before you purchase a coffee grinder, you can compare the machines on some basic criteria. That way you will know which one would be the best one for you.
Look up the design and appearance of the machine at first. A compact device with a metal structure can be used for a long time with proper maintenance. Choose a grinder that looks good but works better.
You can find different types of adjustment systems in a grinder. To make a customized coffee grounds, these settings are the ones you have to use. If you buy a machine with many setting options, you can have better control over the grinding process.
Every machine needs proper maintenance to sustain a long-time performance life. Many manufacturers provide extra accessories like a scoop or brush to help you clean the machine.
The main key point of a grinder is to have the perfect coffee grounds. For further convenience, you can choose a device that can do all types of grinds, be it refined or coarse. Thus, you will be able to make different types of coffee if you want.
The in-built timer setting plays a significant role to show you the accuracy of the grinding method. These days, most grinders come with digital timers for a precise result. Hence, pick one that has small increments to get the exact outcome.
The container should have enough space to hold a large batch of beans in one go. However, your choice depends on your necessity. As you will get different sized machines from large to small to choose from, pick the large one for a large batch. And if you are into making fresh grounds every few days, the small one would be better.
Electrical or Manual Grinder?
The grinders can be two types, electrical and manual. While a manual grinder gives a vintage vibe, you may find it difficult considering the time and effort it requires. Not to mention, the brewing time of a Chemex takes almost 4-5 minutes. A manual grinder is going to make the coffee-making process unnecessary long. Hence, you should opt-out of an electric grinder for a quick and fast result.
Compared to the manual one, it will be easy to control an automatic grinder as you get to adjust the speed and operating process. You also get a better chance to determine the grind size and amount you want to make.
How to Maintain a Chemex Coffee Grinder?
A Chemex coffee will only taste good if the coffee beans are perfectly ground. To ensure the quality of coffee grinds and the proper functioning of the machine, you can take care of the grinder following some simple steps.
Grind out coffee once you have sealed off the jar chute. Then switch off the motor and take out the bean holding jar.
For a manual doser, push the blade through the ribbed plunger and clean the device interior.
For an automatic one, get a vacuum to use on the activated coffee grinder.
Wash the container by removing the stains and rearrange the system once dried up.
Frequently Ask Questions
- What grind size would be better with a Chemex?
The grind size is an important aspect of preparing the perfect Chemex coffee. You should choose the one with a medium-coarse grind setup as it pairs better with Chemex’s tight and thick woven filter. Brewing in this way may require a longer time and controlled water pouring, but in the end, you will get a strong flavor without the bitterness underneath.
- How often a grinder requires cleaning?
Each time you grind coffee in your machine, the coffee dust and oil cover everywhere inside it. To ensure stable performance, you have to keep it clean every time you use it. In addition, you need to deep clean the machine once in a while.
- When should we grind the coffee?
Freshly ground beans are the best ones to make that tasty and refreshing coffee. If possible, you may grind the beans right before you want to drink coffee. But it’s not always feasible to prepare the beans instantly and then make your drink.
You can make a large batch of coffee grounds and store them in an airtight glass container with a lid. Make sure there is no air or moisture inside. You can keep it in your refrigerator or in a dry and dark place.
- For how long do the coffee beans remain good in the container?
Usually, raw coffee beans have a long shelf life and can be stored for many years. But if the coffee beans are roasted, they lose their freshness after one or two weeks. Make sure there is no heat and moisture in the container.
We know how amazing it feels when you take that first sip from your coffee cup. The fragrance of the freshly brewed coffee is enough to put your chaotic mind at ease. It is always special to be able to try authentic beverages. Having the best coffee grinder will help you to indulge in that delicious drink, whenever you want!
In this buying guide, not only we have listed the best grinders but also included all the details of those items. We have also added some common queries, what things you should check before buying the grinder to ease your search. If you have chosen the suitable one for you, order it now before the grinder goes out of stock!
We know every second of your time is valuable. We are thankful that you have spent your time reading us. If you are interested in reading more buying guides like this, please keep an eye on us for further updates.