Do you like to make your coffee with freshly ground coffee beans? Or you have no problem with drinking the stored ones? In any case, you would know for sure how much better the coffee with fresh ground tastes like. If you have the best single cup coffee maker with grinder at your home, you can enjoy the same flavor again and again whenever you want!
You might be thinking, how are you supposed to pick the best one out of those numerous brands in the market? Don’t worry, we have assorted a list of the best coffee making machines with grinder exclusively for your convenience. Moreover, we have conducted thorough research on all these products to choose the best ones for you.
However, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole list and want just a single suggestion, we recommend the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker based on our overall analysis. This one is by far the best coffee maker out there, and you are not going to regret your investment for sure!
Now, let’s go and check the other products as well!
10 Best Single Cup Coffee Maker with Grinder At a Glance
Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
Breville The Barista Express
Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe r
Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic
Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Coffee Maker
01.Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker (Best Overall)
The Ninja Specialty coffee maker is the first entry on our list. If you love the taste of special coffee brews like cappuccino, latte & macchiato, this Ninja coffee maker will perfectly serve you the cause.
- Specialty Brew: Along with the regular coffee, you can brew several café-type coffee varieties using this coffee machine. It could be the rich and classic black coffee or a smooth and thick latte or iced coffee, but this coffee maker will make sure the drink turns out perfect!
- Brewing Size: Using the Ninja coffee machine, brew a single cup or a carafe filled with coffee for your group. Put one single-serve cup or travel mug for the solo serving, or you can make a full or half carafe of coffee within no time!
- 50 Ounce Capacity: The glass carafe has the capacity to hold up to fifty-ounce. There is a heating plate to keep your coffee warm. When refilling is needed, remove the flip-top seal of the water tank, and fill it up.
- Frother: There is a fold-away frother in the machine, which can turn milk into a rich and smooth froth. Perfect topping to garnish your favorite coffee!
02.Hamilton 49980 A
If you want a coffee maker to brew single or multiple cups of coffee at the same time, the Hamilton 49980A is that two-way brewing machine you are looking for!
- 2-Way Brewer: This sturdy coffee maker works as a two-way brewer that you can use for a single serving or multiple serving purposes. Use the carafe or the mug to brew the coffee directly when you want to drink it.
- Programmable Functions: You can use the programmable options of this coffee machine to set the preparation time of your coffee hours before. Pre-set the functions at night, and once you wake up, your coffee will be ready!
- 2 Water Reservoirs: This machine comes with two different water reservoirs. The coffee maker uses the 14-ounce water tank when you are making coffee for yourself. As the glass carafe can hold 12 cups of coffee, use it instead for a group coffee session.
- Ease of Use: The brew strength selector feature gives you two options, ‘regular’ or ‘bold’ to choose from. Adjust your coffee flavor based on your preference. For safety measures, the automatic shut-off feature ensures the machine stops if it stays idle for 2 hours.
03.Breville Bes870 Xl
When talking about espresso, not any machine can provide you the perfect espresso taste and flavor. However, the Breville BES870XL has proven to deliver the café-like espresso you crave!
- Dose control grinding: The in-built conical burr grinder crushed the proper amount of fresh coffee grounds in the portafilter. The grind size dial function lets you control the grind size of all types of beans. You can make 6 types of coffee with this one machine!
- Precise espresso extraction: The digital temperature control system of the coffee machine makes sure you get the optimum coffee flavor in your espresso.
- Convenience: The hand-free grinding cradles put the grounds directly to the portafilter. The steam wand will give you the perfect texture of frothy milk to enrich your coffee with flavor and art. Grind your beans, make your espresso shot, add your milk, and you are done! There is also an indicator to show you when it needs clean-up.
- Bean Hopper: The bean hopper can grind 1/2lb coffee beans at one go. Whereas, the water tank can hold up to 67 ounces. From one shot to double shot, this coffee maker has it all covered.
04.Hamilton Beach 49981 A
The next product on our list is the Hamilton Beach 49981A, which is quite effective in preparing the best coffee for your daily coffee experience.
- Robust Structure: This durable coffee machine is built with quality stainless steel, ensuring to deliver strong performance. You also get a drip tray and a built-in stand to fit your mugs properly.
- Adjustable Functions: Adjust the functions based on how you want to prepare your coffee. For basic or regular drip coffee, you can use the ‘Regular’ switch. If you prefer your coffee strong, the ‘Bold’ button will be perfect.
- Swift Brewing Process: Brewing with this machine is very easy. You can get your regular single cup of coffee in 1.5 minutes. The 14-ounce coffee mug will require almost 2.5 minutes to fill. You can measure the coffee grounds with the scoop filter.
- Auto Shut-Off: The auto switch-off makes sure the machine stops working once the brewing process is complete. Moreover, clean-up takes only a few minutes at best. Make sure to deep-clean this machine monthly to get better performance.
Cuisinart is one of the most renowned manufacturers for making quality coffee machines. Due to its sheer qualities and terrific performance, the SS-20 has taken the 5th position on our list.
- Standard Material: This coffee maker is made with BPA-free plastic and stainless steel materials to ensure a strong built and sleek brewing performance. You also get a three-year warranty with the package.
- Single-Serve Feature: Use this coffee maker to serve three single-serve sizes from 6 to 10oz. You can also use k-cup pods or the manufacturer’s recyclable filter cup. You can adjust your coffee strength by utilizing the brew strength dial.
- Thermal Carafe: This machine has an auto thermal coffee machine beside the single-serving brewer. The SS-20 has a thermal carafe with the capacity of 10-cups of coffee. The stainless-steel handle makes it easy to manage. The detachable water reservoir can hold 40ounces.
- Programmable: Pre-adjust your machine to get your coffee later without leaving your spot. The auto-cleaning system, brew, pause function, etc. will make sure you get the best coffee-making experience ever!
Out of all the De’Longhi coffee makers, the ESAM3300 is a standout due to its sleek design and awesome brewing performance. While the price may seem over the top at first, once you use this machine, you would know why it is worth the money.
- Handy Control Panel: Adjust the settings for your preferred temperature, cup size, and coffee strength before starting the brewing process. The machine will do the rest.
- Double Boiler System: Made of stainless steel, the double boiler gets hot quickly, so you don’t have to wait much for your hot coffee. To ensure a durable performance, just descale the coffee maker once in 3-4 months and get rid of all the minerals.
- Beans-to-Brew Method: Grind the coffee beans instantly to brew yourself a refreshing cup of coffee. To get the best grinding experience, try to use medium roasted beans with less oil for a smooth process.
- Manual Frother: The machine has a ‘Cappuccino System’ frother option, which you can use to stream milk and create a smooth and creamy froth for your coffee. You also get special features like auto shut-off, energy efficiency, etc.
07.Black+decker Cm5000 B
The BLACK+DECKER CM5000B will provide you with all the features of a perfect single cup coffee maker with grinder. From its decent price range to 12-cup capacity, it is sure to meet your needs as well!
- Brew Filter: This sturdy coffee maker has an in-built coffee grinder to provide you fresh coffee grounds from whole coffee beans. Turn off the grinder if you are using pre-ground coffee. You can remove the brew basket for a quick and fresh brewing process.
- QuickTouch Programming: The functions of this machine are clearly visible, so you won’t even have a chance to make a mistake. The display will show your selected program and the timer as well. Use the strength selector options for strong, bold, and regular to brew the coffee suitable to your taste.
- Auto Brew System: Want to wake up to fresh coffee without doing anything in the morning? Just set the 24-hour auto brew function the night before, and your work is done. The auto switch-off option will make sure the machine remains inactive after a specific time.
08.Nespresso Vertuo Plus
Do you like the strong taste of espresso along with the regular coffee? To get the perfect espresso taste and aroma at your home, the Nespresso VertuoPlus is the ideal espresso maker you will want for you.
- Adjustable Design: This quality coffee maker has an adjustable design to suit your convenience. You can rotate the flexible water tank according to your counter setup, allowing you to customize the machine’s footprint.
- Automatic Espresso Maker: The VertuoPlus uses the ‘Centrifusion technology’ that spins the coffee capsules 7000 times per minute, ensuring full and even flavor extraction. It can also identify which cup size and settings should be suitable for the process. Press the on button three times to start the cleaning cycle of the machine.
- One-Touch Brew: Prepare single cup sizes by a simple touch-based on your needs. It could be espresso, Alto, coffee, etc., just put some ice cubes in, and your iced coffee is ready! The Aeroccino milk frother will help you to create the rich finish you want in your latte or cappuccino. Besides, this machine shuts off automatically after 9 minutes.
09.Cuisinart Dgb-550 Bkp1
As ‘Grind and brew’ is the basic mantra behind the mechanism of Cuisinart DGB-550BKP1, you never have to worry about getting freshly brewed coffee anymore.
- Brew Pause Feature: During the coffee brewing process, you can halt this coffee maker and pour a cup of coffee for yourself. In the case of inactivity, the auto shut-off feature will make sure the machine stops working.
- Programmable Function: Adjust the function long before your coffee drinking time, and enjoy the freshly brewed coffee right now! If you want a stronger cup of coffee, push the 1-4 button of the machine for a slow brewing process.
- Glass Carafe: The carafe can hold 12 cups of coffee, which is sufficient if you are aiming for multiple servings. It also comes with a drip-less spout and an ergonomic handle to make your coffee pouring easy. Both the gold-tone and charcoal water filter make sure to remove all the impurities.
- Grind-Off Setting: While this grind-and-brew machine is to provide you fresh coffee grounds just before you are making the coffee, you don’t always have to use the grinder. Turn on the grind-off option when you are using the pre-ground coffee.
The last but not the least entry is another ‘Grind and brew’ coffee maker by Cuisinart. The DGB-650BC is quick and powerful, enough to satiate your coffee craving instantly!
- Durability: This coffee machine is made of BPA-free plastic materials along with stainless steel, ensuring a long and sturdy performing life.
- Built-In Grinder: The grinder of the machine will grind the whole beans perfectly before the brewing process. As a result, you can enjoy the freshest cup of morning coffee! Use brew pause, auto-off, and programmable features to make the crewing process smoother.
- 1-4 Cup Setting: When you are brewing less than 5 cups, this setting will ensure the optimum flavor, extraction, and temperature of your beverage. You can also use the grind-off function when you are using pre-ground coffee for brewing.
- Thermal Carafe: The dual-walled thermal carafe can contain 10 cups of coffee at a time. While keeping the drink fresh and hot for a long time, the lid of the carafe also helps to preserve the aroma and the flavor of the coffee. Also, the charcoal water filter will remove all the contamination.
These days, manufacturers are trying their best to upgrade their products to meet the consumer’s demand. As a result, you will get hundreds of coffee makers with grinders out there, which makes it tough to choose the right one for you.
However, you can easily handle this issue by checking some simple factors before your purchase.
We already know that a single cup machine is the mini version of a regular coffee machine. However, those versions can be of different sizes as well. Hence, you should have an idea about the spot you are going to put the coffee maker. Once you know the size of the location, choose a machine that can fit in that place without making it congested.
Multiple Cup Size:
Some machines can brew coffee at 8 ounces, whereas some can brew coffee for multiple cup sizes. These machines usually have adjustable settings so you can decide which size you want. You can buy one with several cup sizes as it will give you more options. Also, you can buy a machine that comes with its own travel mug or cup.
From the two types of grinder, choose the one you think fulfills your necessity. You should buy a coffee maker with a blade grinder if you don’t care much about the coffee flavor, and just quickly want to make coffee. For the authentic aroma and rich taste of coffee, a burr grinder would be a better choice.
Loud sounds can be annoying when you are brewing your coffee at home or office. If you have restrictions on the noise produced by the coffee maker, check the noise level of the machine. If you think the sound is tolerable, you can purchase it right away.
Pod or Filter:
Many coffee makers use k-cups, pods, or filters to brew coffee. If you like to use pods or k-cups, you can buy a compatible coffee maker. However, if you prefer paper filters to pods, buy the machine accordingly. However, there are many coffee makers that can use all these options.
To make sure your coffee maker can perform for a long time, you must take care of it properly. Cleaning up can be a bit of an issue if you are in a rush. You can buy the non-electric machines as they need less time and effort to clean.
When you are investing a large amount of money to buy a coffee machine, it should be relaxing if you have the assurance for company service when needed. Even a premium quality machine can break down suddenly. Check all the products and choose a coffee machine that provides a standard warranty.
No matter what your budget is, you will definitely get a coffee maker within your reach. However, the standards and qualities can be different depending on the brand. A good quality coffee maker may require some extra money, but it will serve you great nonetheless.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can I Maintain My Coffee Machine?
You can maintain your coffee maker by simply following some simple steps. Whenever you are about to make your coffee, make sure to brew in some fresh water to clean up the water reservoir. Besides, you have to deep cleanse the coffee machine after making 200 cups of coffee or every 2 months.
Don’t forget to use mineral or filtered water while brewing. And always put coffee within the marking line, don’t go over it.
- Blade or Burr, Which One Is the Best Grinder Type?
As you know that coffee grinders can be of two types being blade or burr grinder, both have their own pros and cons. In burr grinders, one of the two discs keeps spinning while the other one remains still. The friction produced by these two discs grinds the coffee beans. This may take a while, but the consistency of the coffee grounds is better.
On the other hand, the blades spin with speed and break the beans. The blade grinder is comparatively faster and cheaper than the ones with burrs. However, if you want to taste the best flavor of your coffee, the burr grinder is undoubtedly the best. But if you have a low budget, you can always get a blade grinder.
- Why Do I Need to Grind Before Brewing?
Even though a store-bought coffee jar is the most obvious option to make an instant cup of coffee, nothing can beat the taste and smell of freshly ground coffee beans. Raw coffee beans have a nutty and earthy flavor that transmits into the grounds when you grind them. Hence, when you brew freshly ground coffee, you get the best aroma of your coffee.
As pre-ground coffee powders are packaged way before you get them on the market, they tend to lose the rich and delicious flavor of the raw coffee beans. The more time they are staying in the storage, the less flavored they become. Therefore, you should grind before you brew your coffee.
- How Long Does Fresh Ground Coffee Last?
Well, this answer depends on many factors as the context of freshness is different for everyone. To simply put, fresh coffee is such ground that has caffeine, smell, and taste intact. Following this fact, you can store freshly ground coffee for almost a week. Gradually it will start becoming stale. But to be exact, they would start to lose quality just a few hours after grinding.
- How Do You Know if Your Coffee Beans Are Bad?
This one is quite easy to understand. The coffee grounds would start to smell musty once they have gone stale. Whenever you brew the coffee, you will find the taste and smell to be dull. In short, you would not find it appealing in any way.
- How Much Coffee Should I Use per Cup?
Most people follow the standard ratio of water and coffee, termed as the golden ratio. You can simply add 2 tablespoon coffee grounds to one cup of hot water to get that perfect coffee. However, if it feels bitter to you and you are more into the mild coffee taste, then you can add one tablespoon to suit your taste bud.
If you are an avid coffee lover, you possibly can’t go without your daily coffee cup, even for a day. It is quite normal as coffee is like that special treat for us, which is enough to make our day special or dull with the lack of it. As much as stored coffee grounds are a life-saver in case of emergency or quick indulgence, there is something special about freshly ground coffee!
Hence, you should wisely pick the single cup coffee maker with grinder. As our buying guide is focused on how to save you from investing in the wrong machine, we have recorded all the data, pricing, things to consider before purchase, common queries, etc. Once you have decided on the coffee maker best suitable for you, go and grab your one now!
We hope you get to make the right choice and enjoy your coffee to the fullest. Thank you for giving us your valuable time. If you have liked this buying guide and want to read more like this one, please keep an eye on us to get future updates.