For some people, coffee is the holy grail in the morning to start the day afresh, or after passing an exhausting day at work. Instead of store-bought coffee packs, if you like to grind the raw beans yourself, you are making the best coffee for sure! To make the coffee-making process more convenient, you can get the best burr grinder under 100 usd easily!
You can get hundreds of burr grinders in the market, but not all of them are of standard quality or fits your budget. To make your searching quest easy and smooth, we have conducted extensive research on all the quality grinders out there. And finally, we have made a list with the 10 best burr grinders you can get under 100 bucks.
If you don’t have enough time to look through all the grinders, you can check our quick recommendation among all others. According to us, the Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder is the best one regarding all the necessary qualities you need in your tool.
Now, let’s check the other products as well.
What is Burr Grinder?
A burr grinder or a burr-mill has two rotating abrasive wheels which are called burrs. These burrs help to grind the coffee beans into your desired size. This is what makes or ruins the taste of the coffee. Be it coarse or fine, the uniform size of grounds ensures an even extraction and prevents the clogging of coffee grounds while brewing.
However, burr grinders are not 100% perfect or without flaws. The high-speed process can produce extra heat that affects the flavors of coffee beans. You can avoid this by choosing one that comes with low-speed functions.
Best Burr Grinder Under 100 Usd: Top Ten Reviews
Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
OXO BREW Coffee Grinder (8717000)
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill
Mueller Ultra-Grind Conical Burr
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
Sboly Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Khaw-Fee HG1B Manual Coffee Grinder
Porlex Mini Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill, Mini Slim Pro
01. Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
In this list of best burr grinder under 100 USD, the Capresso grinder has taken the first position due to its outstanding features and extraordinary grinding ability.
- Motor Speed: This grinder runs with a low RPM reducing the noise and static. The low speed prevents excess heat production and retains the original coffee flavor and taste. You can use it to try different types of brewing methods like pour-over, French press, Turkish coffee, etc.
- Multiple Grind Options: The Infinity has the coarse, fine, regular, extra-coarse size available in combination with 16 grinding adjustments. There is a pulse button if you need to boost your grinding process. The built-in timer will let you grind without you being close.
- Capacity: The large-sized bean hopper can be detached when needed. You can store around 8.8 ounces of ground in the container for later use. The safety lock will make sure there is no spillage during or after the grinding task.
- Precision Grinding: The precision burrs are commercial-graded and have a superior cutting pattern to help you get the proper-sized ground. Moreover, the integrated auto-timer allows you to set the time between 5 seconds to 60 seconds.
02. OXO BREW Coffee Grinder (8717000)
If you have been searching for a portable grinder with better capacity, our next entry in this list will definitely work for you. The Oxo Brew 8717000 is sleek, efficient, and compact, the perfect tool for your everyday coffee session.
- Compact Design: While this tool is only 12-inch in size, it exhibits all those standard features and strengths that can last for a long time. Due to the handy size, you can even store this grinder anywhere in your kitchen closet.
- Multiple Grind Setting: Including the micro settings, the 15 different grinding settings in this tool will help you to get the desired taste of coffee you want. For convenience, the one-touch timer saves your last setting to save your time.
- Capacity: The hopper can hold up to 110gms of ground coffee, with which you can make 12 cups of coffee. Enough to serve your friends and family together! You can store the grounds for later as well.
- Energy Efficient: The motor of this grinder consumes low energy to run. Hence, your electric bill is never going to be too much even though you keep using it all day long!
- Conical burr: The conical burrs are made with quality stainless-steel burrs, ensuring uniform grounds to conserve the authentic coffee flavor.
03. Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill
The appeal of a manual coffee grinder is never going to fade. If you want a cheap handy coffee grinder with advanced features, the Hario Skerton Plus is the most suitable one to meet your demand.
- Compact Design: With a weight of 1.2 pounds only, you can carry this lightweight manual coffee grinder wherever you want. Just put it in your bag or luggage, and you are good to go! You can use this tool to grind varieties of spices as well.
- Burr Stabilizers: The spring burr stabilizers help you to grind on the coarsest degree with a consistent process. It keeps the lower burr stable during the grinding process.
- Stepped Grind Adjust: The grind adjustment setting below the burrs is just like the Hario mini mill, easy to detect. Each level makes a slight click sound, so you would know how many levels are still left.
- Capacity: This tool can contain 100gm of coffee grounds that you can use fresh at any time. The silicon lid helps to keep the coffee ground hot and fresh for future purposes.
- Ceramic burr: The ceramic burrs are durable and perfectly shaped to grind coffee beans. With a decent amount of physical effort, you can crush the coffee beans smoothly and even.
04. Porlex Jp-30
Porlex is a well-known manufacturer when it comes to quality coffee grinders. Hence, it is no wonder that their Jp-30 manual burr grinder is the next entry in this list.
- Compact Design: The Jp-30 is very lightweight and easy to carry. The quality building material makes sure this one has a durable and stable performing life.
- Multiple Grind Setting: The Jp-30 has 12 different grind settings to help you make different types of coffees like a French press, pour-over, or a Turkish one. The bur stabilizer maintains uniformity when you are grinding a coarse-sized ground.
- Convenience: This manual coffee grinder isn’t much difficult to use. Just put the beans, decide the grinding size, and set the device accordingly. The integrated safety lock will make sure the setting options stay the same. Besides, you can easily disassemble it to clean it and fix it again for reuse.
- Capacity: This burr grinder can contain 30gm of grounds that can make two cups of coffee at a time. The static-free tool also ensures no grounds are wasted.
- Ceramic burr: The ceramic burrs are very sturdy and grind the beans evenly, be it coarse or fine. They prevent excess heat production and maintain the taste and aroma.
05. Mueller Ultra-Grind Conical Burr
A grinder that has a large capacity to grind coffee within a short time is everyone’s dream. The Mueller ultra-grind is such a professional-grade burr grinder that turns your wish into a reality!
- Quality Burr: Constructed with the reinforced alloy steel, the Mueller conical burr grinder ensures you have full control over the tool. The uniform coffee grounds preserve the authentic coffee flavor.
- Large Capacity: The bean hopper along with the removable container can hold 130gm of coffee grounds. You can make 30-32 cups of coffee with this amount.
- Precision Grinding: The gear reduction mechanism slowly grinds to cut down the noise level and produce aromatic coffee with extraordinary taste. Just like the commercial-grade grinding machines, these quality burrs efficiently make the precise cut on coffee beans. From Turkish coffee to French press, all can be achieved with this all-in-one grinder!
- Convenience: Adjust the grinding wheel depending on your desired ground size, and switch on the button. While cleaning, you can detach the top burr for more ease. The package also comes with a brush for hassle-free washing.
06. JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
The next burr grinder on our list is the grinder from JavaPresse. It will give you ease and comfort while grinding, not to mention the various types of grounds you can get for multiple brewing methods.
- Robust Structure: With a stainless-steel body, the JavaPresse has a solid design that can be used for a long time. The compactness of this burr grinder also allows you to take it anywhere you want.
- Built-in grind selector: To give you full control and the preferred texture of coffee beans, the in-built and flexible 18 click settings of the grinder are open for you to make the choice.
- Convenience: You can keep the hand crank or detach it whenever you need it. As it runs without any power, it creates 90% less sound, unlike the electric grinder. The clean-up process is also stress-free as you simply have to take out the parts and wash them separately.
- Ceramic combo burrs: The burr coffee grinder blades are made of high-end materials and approved by professionals as well. Rest assured, these ceramic burrs will serve five times longer than the stainless-steel ones.
07. Sboly Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
The Sboly burr coffee grinder is our next quality device, that you can use to prepare several types of coffee like a French press, black coffee, pour-over, etc. This simple, yet efficient grinder can be the best option if you are serving a group of people at once.
- Stainless steel conical burr: The sturdy conical burrs are of professional grade and prevent the extraction of essential oils in the bean. Thus, you get to drink and serve the best quality coffee at home.
- Precision grind settings: To get the uniform-sized bean grounds for a specific type of coffee, this tool has 19 grinding combinations for you to adjust whenever you want. To maintain the authentic taste, it also makes sure the beans don’t get overheated during the grinding process.
- Adjustable grinding amount: Choose the grinding amount up to 12 cups depending on your coffee serving need. With the dust-free lead, you can store the grounds for future purposes as well.
- Sturdy and durable: This conical burr grinder has a powerful motor, completion indicator, safety lock to make sure this machine can go on for a long time.
08. Khaw-Fee HG1B Manual Coffee Grinder
If you want a manual burr grinder that provides quality grounds when you need it, the Khaw-Fee HG1B has to be the top pick for your convenience. Not only is it super cheap, but also it does what it should do best, grind coffee beans to perfection.
- Durable Structure: Unlike most manual grinders, the HG1B is built with ceramic and stainless steel giving it a durable construction. This burr coffee grinder also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Conical burr: The conical burrs are of ceramic, which ensures the coffee beans are cut to perfection just the way you want. While grinding the exact amount you want, the HG1B saves the bean’s essential oil from being wasted, thus, retaining the quality of the coffee.
- In-built grind settings: From coarse to ultra-fine, you can choose the grind setting and adjust whenever you feel it’s necessary. Prepare the perfect cup of espresso, drip, French press, and many more by simply adjusting the grind selector.
- Easy Maintenance: This grinder doesn’t need any power to run. Therefore, using this energy-efficient tool is pretty easy no matter which time it is. You can clean this tool by removing the silicone base.
09. Porlex Mini Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
When it comes to the personal manual grinder you want to take on a trip, the Porlex coffee grinders are unbeatable in many ways. To be specific, their mini grinder is the best handy one among all right now!
- Compact Design: This burr coffee grinder is small and lightweight making it easy to carry around. The stainless-steel structure gives it a durable form that can last a long time.
- Grind Setting: This tool has different grind settings for pour-over, drip, espresso, etc. The steel handle gives you a firm grip to control the speed.
- Capacity: This burr coffee grinder can produce 20gm of grounds at one go. This is the perfect amount to make coffee for an individual. Just like the using procedure, cleaning up this tool is as easy.
- Ceramic burr: The ceramic burrs are static-free and deliver a powerful grinding performance. They are sharp enough to cut the grounds evenly, be it for French press or a cappuccino.
10. Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill
The last entry of this buying guide is the Hario Ceramic coffee mill, a mini manual coffee grinder that you can use in your everyday coffee preparation without any trouble.
- Compact Design: This sleek and lightweight grinder is made with stainless steel, making it a durable tool for the long run. The size and shape of it are convenient enough to run smoothly with your hand.
- Convenience: This adjustable grinder is easy enough to use. While increasing the ground uniformity, the sturdy aluminum handle provides you comfort when holding it.
- Capacity: This burr coffee grinder can make 24gm of coffee grounds which is enough to make two cups of coffee at one go. The transparent lid will help to keep the ground beans fresh in the container.
- Ceramic burr: The ceramic burrs make sure the ground is consistent to make that refreshing cup of coffee. You can adjust the burr mill based on whatever coarseness or fineness you need.
If you want to get the perfect taste of coffee at your home, you need to have the best coffee grinder at your service! While finding the best burr grinder under $100 can be a bit difficult at first, you can select some basic features to single out your ideal grinding machine.
The durability of your grinder totally lies in its building materials. The better the material quality, the better the performance and lifespan would be. Grinders built with stainless-steel or die-cast aluminum material can sustain for a long time. While choosing the best burr grinder, always go for the stainless steel or ceramic for a sturdy structure.
The design and the structure of a coffee grinder are very significant to ensure your convenience. A small-sized coffee grinder can be used and carried easily, not to mention the hassle-free cleanup process. With a large one, there is a chance of you facing slight troubles due to the heavyweight. However, it is up to your usage.
These days, manufacturers are integrating more functions to provide more brewing options to consumers. You can find different sets of combinations and choose whichever you would like to make. Hence, try to look for a machine that has several setting options.
The basic point which makes a grinder stand out is the size of the grounds. Some devices can make different sizes of grounds, while some are limited to only a specific type. It would be wise for you to choose one with multiple functions, so you can try various types of coffee.
Most of the advanced coffee grinders have an in-built timer that can play a significant role during the operation. A timer is the best function to know the accuracy of your grinding method. Select a grinder that has a digital timer to get the perfect result.
All the grinder has a container to collect all the grounds once the operation is complete. If you want to make a large batch of coffee grounds at a go, choose a machine with large jars. If you want to make a small amount of coffee each time, you can choose a grinder with a small container.
Your budget is something you can’t ignore while purchasing a new grinder. While the quality matters, there is no point in choosing a high-end grinder with supreme quality if the price isn’t of your liking. Fortunately, there are many inexpensive and quality coffee grinders to meet your necessity. Hence, decide your amount before and look for the perfect one accordingly.
If, and when your grinder starts to give you trouble, the warranty for it can save you from problems and extra costing. Most grinder packages come with a one-year or multiple years guarantee. Before buying the grinder, check the warranty options to be sure.
A machine with a loud sound is enough to cause you a headache! Between blade and burr coffee grinders, the burr coffee grinders are the quieter ones. However, you can choose your coffee grinder depending on how much noise you can endure and how much efficiency you need during the process.
Burr or Blade Grinder, Which One is Best?
We know that blenders are basically of two mechanisms, while one works with burr and the other with blades. While both are good at doing their job, which one is the better one? If we go through both categories, the first thing we have to mention is the price. The blade grinders are low-price compared to the burr ones. If your budget is low, a blade one is a better choice.
But technically speaking, blades do not actually grind the coffee beans, more like they crush the beans in uneven chunks or powder. The inconsistent size is a big problem if you are looking for a precise ground for a specific brewing method. A burr grinder can solve this problem for you as it really grinds the beans.
Why You Should Purchase a Grinder?
Having your own grinder provides many benefits if you like to try different methods of brewing like pour-over, French press, cappuccino, etc.
- Burr grinders create less heat, so the grounds don’t lose their original flavor.
- You can make different types of coffee using separate settings of a grinder.
- Burr grinders are comparatively less noisy than blade grinders.
- You can get a manual or automatic one based on your preference.
- Creates uniform-sized grounds depending on what coffee type you are making.
How to Clean a Coffee Grinder?
Once you get the best burr grinder under $100, you can enjoy your coffee obsession at any time. Proper maintenance can make your grinder last longer than it was originally intended. As coffee grinders are built with metal and water can cause corrosion to the metal piece. Hence, it is recommended to not clean them using water.
- Put raw rice in the hopper.
- Grind them and then empty the hopper.
- Take a brush and clean off any specks of dust visible on the surface, and the cleaning is done.
- Take out the hopper to reveal the burrs.
- Remove all loose pieces of the machine.
- Take out the top burr and clean it using a brush.
- Clean the inside of the grinder.
- Dust away the coffee grounds stuck in the outer area with a brush.
- Clean the ground container and rebuild the grinder for reuse
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the manual grinder cheaper than the electric burr grinders?
Yes. Generally, the manual grinders cost less than other coffee grinders. This is basically due to the mechanism difference of both tools. Other than the physical effort you need to put in, a handy grinder can produce really fresh grounds and be used for a long time. If you are making one or two cups of coffee, this is a better choice for daily use.
However, if you have to make coffee grounds to brew several cups at a time, a manual grinder is going to be tiring and time-consuming for you. In that case, an electric burr grinder will do the work in no time.
- Why a burr coffee grinder is best?
The burr grinders crush the beans into even-size, ensuring a better-tasting coffee because size is vital for the authentic aroma and flavor. You won’t face any clogging problems as well. With a burr grinder,
- You can grind the coffee beans evenly.
- You can adjust the sizes to suit your preference.
- It creates less heat during the process, thus conserving the quality of coffee beans.
- It preserves the flavor of coffee without adding any bitterness.
- What are the Main rules of coffee grinding?
You can follow these simple tips to get you the best quality cup of coffee.
- Choose a high-quality grinder
- Grind just before the brewing process.
- Adjust the grind size you need.
- If you are making a large batch, make sure to store the extra grounds in an air-tight container.
- Once you are done, don’t forget to clean your grinder.
- What is the advantage of grinding your own coffee?
Each coffee brewing method requires specific styles of coffee grounds. While some need coarse-sized coffee grounds, some need their grounds to be ultra-fine. There are several benefits of grinding your own coffee rather than using the commercial one. Adjusting the size, you can grind the beans based on your preferred brewing process and style of coffee.
Pre-ground coffee is not capable of delivering that original taste. You can also use fresh coffee grounds when you feel the urge to drink your cup. Most importantly, you can select what amount you need for your coffee preparation.
- Should I buy an electric blender or a manual grinder?
Well, this depends on your preference and budget. Both grinders have their specific pros and cons when it comes to operating them. The price of an electric grinder is higher as they use a motor to grind the beans. But you get more fitness options in it to prepare your coffee. While they are quick and time-saving, they can be loud as well.
On the other hand, the manual grinders need your physical force to run the machine. It also costs less than an electric one. You don’t have to worry about the noise level as they are generally quiet.
For a coffee lover, the taste and aroma both are important. Without one of these, your coffee is not complete. To capture the perfect flavor of beans, the coffee ground has to be of supreme quality. As freshly ground coffee beans are the best, you need to have the proper grinding machine to make the precise grounds for different brewing methods.
While many standard burr grinders are available if you have a high budget, finding the best burr grinder under 100 usd isn’t totally impossible. In this buying guide, we have recorded all the specs and details of the 10 best burr grinders to make your choosing process easy. If you have selected the one that is the most suitable for you, please grab it before it goes out of stock!